Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 11:08:15 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        "Howard L." <howardl@abs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha Kernel compiles

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 08:40:46AM +0000, Howard L. wrote:
> >Has anyone else noticed that kernel compiles fail on a missing header smp.h
> >for the last few days? I solved the problem by copying the relevant header
> >from the i386 headers, but a cvsup today deleted the copy I made.

I compiled GENERIC kernels on 5-CURRENT on two Alphas last night trying
to reproduce this error.  Since most developers run 5-CURRENT, we assume
5-CURRENT is what you are running.  From Andrew's email it seems you were
running  4-STABLE.  In the future please include the output from
``uname -a'' in bug reports.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)