Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:01:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Somebody's got some time to burn?

Matthieu Herrb has just been posting a set of fixes to the XFree86
beta list to convert the xterm to termios (instead of sgtty).

He says that this is the last application for NetBSD that still
requires the COMPAT_43 stuff.  And now the interesting news: their
getty(8) has already been converted!

So somebody with a bit of time to burn should have a look at their
getty implementation, and see if we could steal^H^H^H^H^Himport it
without much hassles.  Our getty is the most prominent application
from the core system that's still using this old crap.

--
cheers, J"org