Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:53:19 +0300
From:      Petre Bandac <petre.bandac@rdsnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   duplicate ports

xxl# pkg_info | grep ruby
ruby-1.6.8.2004.07.28 An object-oriented interpreted scripting language
ruby-1.8.2.p2_1     An object-oriented interpreted scripting language
ruby-bdb1-0.2.1     Ruby interface to Berkeley DB revision 1.8x with
full featu
ruby-shim-ruby18-1.8.1.p3 A set of Ruby modules to provide Ruby 1.8
functionalities
ruby18-bdb1-0.2.2   Ruby interface to Berkeley DB revision 1.8x with
full featu
xxl#

do I really need both the old version of an port and the new one ?

for example, if I want to portupgrade amavisd, it requires perl 5.8; can
I have 2 versions of perl at the same time ? which one will be the
"default" one ?

thanks

--
Petre Bandac

Network Engineer
Romania Data Systems - Brasov Branch
Tel: +4068474134
Fax: +4068474135

delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
this
message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.