Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 1995 16:42:57 -0500 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@phoenix.net>
To:        derek@mfa.com (Derek Inksetter)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP difficulties...

> I'm having some trouble with PPP on the 2.0-950202 Snapshot release. I can
> connect to my PPP server, establish an IP address (The server allocates
> them), and apparently have a valid connection. Every time I try to use the
> connection, though, packets seem to be getting lost. If I try a telnet
> session, for instance, it will go for long periods of time without a
> response, and then it will come through.
>
> The connection is through a Xyplex terminal server, which has had no
> problems connecting up to Trumpet Winsock (Windows) or MacPPP (Mac), so
> it's probably not solely a server problem.
> --
> Derek Inksetter                                    derek@mfa.com
> Lead Systems Programmer              Mchugh Freeman & Associates
> PGP Fingerprint:1D 00 58 71 FE 12 8B FD  18 01 DC A7 7E 36 D1 CC

Hi,

I'll make a bet that if you disable compression on your side, that it will
work fine!!  I've seen this same problem with the Xyplex 1600 and 1700 systems.
I've also had long talks with Xyplex people on this one.  The main problem is
that I'm not a PPP expert.  I would either go to CSLIP or disable header
compression on your side.

Gary