Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:17:00 -0500
From:      Jonathan <jonathan@kc8onw.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware for home use large storage

On 2/8/2010 12:01 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of 8x1TB (or larger) SATA drives. I've found a case[2] with
> hot-swap bays[3], that seems interesting. I haven't looked at power
> supplies, but given that number of drives, I expect something beefy with
> a decent reputation is called for.

I have a system with two of these [1] and an 8 port LSI SAS card that
runs fine for me.  I run an 8 drive ZFS array off the LSI card and then
have 2 drives mirrored off the motherboard SATA ports for booting with
ZFS.  Hotswap works fine for me as well with this hardware.

Jonathan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816215001