Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:36:02 -0800
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PROCESS THE MAIL - TO SCRIPT

Hello,

I posted this to a different list (procmail) and did not get a response.
The main issue is initiating a database post from a mailed in form. I know
others are doing this and I don't want to reinvent the wheel so any
suggestions would be most appreciated...

I want to send email to special@mydomain.com and have a filter rule like
:0
* ^Received.*special@mydomain.com
{

     :0 c
     ! randyk@virtualisys.com

     :0
     | someperlscript.pl
}

For some reason it all works except the PERL script doesn't seem to do
anything with the contents of the message. Does anyone know the correct
syntax to use inside the PERL script to receive that PIPE?

Thanx,
Randy Katz