Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:46:19 +0300
From:      Sergey Kovalev <skoval@bonstreet.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: *.ko.symbols files in /boot/kernel

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> turn it off:
>
> makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug
> symbols

Thank you. I just figured that out experimenatlly about an hour ago.
I was quite sure that this string was uncommented in my 6.4 KERNCONF and
there were no any *.symbols there but I may be wrong of course.
Besides I was confused by the fact that it was uncommented in GENERIC
and also missed the comment to DEBUG option firstly.