Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:45:05 -0500
From:      "Ross Potts" <rpotts@med.osd.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Overclocking a Pentium 120

I'm sorry for the generality of this question.  I need to overclock again and
write down the messages this week.

I have a PC (Compaq Presario with a Predator motherboard) that I have
successfully overclocked to 133 (132.67 actually, 66*2) from 120.  I get no
error messages in FreeBSD at bootup in 133.  When I overclock to 150 (152.74,
50*3), I get a message pertaining to, if I remember, unable to sync the disks
(EIDE).  Is this speedup too much in that I must reload FreeBSD(I'm not opposed
to it) or is it just too fast for my disks?  Anyone familiar with Compaq
Predators?  The CMOS is on the hard drive(UUGGGHH!!!) and I can get to it and
make changes and reboot, but I can't get the OS to load.

I have identical removable root drives, one with FBSD, one with W95.  I get the
same (I'm assuming) results:  unstable OS loading.

I promise I will send more info later.  Is there anything you can surmise from
what I have written so far?

--
UNIX Rules!!!

Ross Potts                  Internet : Ross.Potts@med.osd.mil
EDS-D/SIDDOMS               Phone    : (703) 824-7601
Skyline Two, Suite 1200     Beeper   :
5203 Leesburg Pike,
Falls Church, VA 22041