Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:51:06 GMT
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        David Adamia <dato@parliament.ge>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about java

David Adamia said:
> Please, can you tell me, does FreeBSD 2.0.5 support JDK 1.0.2 , if not
> on which release does it run?
>                                     thank you
>David Adamia

There is (was?) a port of the Sun JDK 1.0.2 to FreeBSD -- I forget where it
lives.  However, the latest versions of Kaffe seem to be stable and at long
last has AWT support (without Motif! woo-hoo!).  I'm running 2.1.5, so YMMV
for 2.0.5.

Kaffe can be found at http://www.tjwassoc.demon.co.uk/kaffe/kaffe.htm

HTH,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell                      | "If I can't have my coffee, I'm just
<scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>               |  like a dried up piece of roast goat"
QMW College, London, UK.            |      -- J. S. Bach.