Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2016 12:06:11 +0200
From:      Yuri Iozzelli <y.iozzelli@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   High Performance P4 Software Switch - Week 6

Hi

Project summary
========================

In this project I would like to implement a modified version of the
reference p4 (http://p4.org) switch on FreeBSD, which uses netmap for
faster packet I/O: the goal would be reaching the 1 Mpps order-of-magnitude
speed (current reference implementation is limited to 150 Kpps for a simple
l2 switch with 2 hosts).

Week 6
=========================

I wrote some scripts to automate performance tests, so they are now more
reliable.
I started digging into the new features I have to add, but in this period I
am also writing my master thesis, so I am a little behind schedule.

Links:
  Wiki page:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2016/HighPerformanceP4SoftwareSwitch#preview
 Code (gsoc-* branches):