Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 16:13:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:MMDF

On Friday, Jan. 19, 1996  Garrett A. Wollman wrote:

> <<On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 08:27:43 -0500 (EST), Steve Hovey <root@buffnet.net> said:
>
> > I have freebsd 2.1R and am having trouble porting MMDF to use name, and
> > some other issues to do with inetd.
>
> > My kernal is compiled with options "compat_43"
>
> > My mmdf docs stats that 4.3bsd is not supported in their name server code
> > at this point.
>
> MMDF is hopelessly behind the times.  4.3 has only been out ten years,
> and obsolete for five.  I would not waste my time if I were you.
>
> -GAWollman

But it's a hell of a lot easier to work with than Sendmail.

It's also less of a security problem.

I'm going to work on mmdf after I resolve a couple of other problems
with my 2.1.0 box.

BTW -- There's more MMDF out there than you think.
       And it runs VERY WELL.

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter        | The postmaster always pings twice.
 Lakewood MicroSystems               | 17 Meredith Drive,
 908-389-3592                        | Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
 pechter@shell.monmouth.com          |