Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:10:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Christophe Prevotaux <chris@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        bbmail@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DLINK DFE 530TX

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:

>I am not interested in the WOL feature , I just want the card
>recognized by FreeBSD , the CHIPSET is not a RHINE I chipset
>anymore in these cards ( 530TX w/WOL )
>
>I know the 530TX WITHOUT WOL works , but the one with WOL
>does not get recognized by FreeBSD 4-STABLE
>
>Unless you have done something special in order to activate it
>somehow then I don't know how your card can work.
>
>If you have done something to make them work then please let me know
>what , so I can use these cards as well

If with the addition of this new feature the chip's programming
interface has not changed any then you should have no problem using the
vr driver with it.  It may have a new identifier string not in the
header file yet, but you can always add it.  I'm sure the maintainer of
the vr driver would be willing to help you gather the requisite
information to add support for this new card revision.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"You should believe in death, taxes, Larry Ellison's loathing of Bill
Gates and Intel's inability to ship a working chipset."