Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 12:31:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        eischen@vigrid.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sprints response to to wcarchive connectivity problems

In lists.freebsd.questions you write:

>[ Sprint problems ]

>>    It's entirely crap because the CRL routers that connect at MAE-west,
>> MAE-east, PB-NAP, and the CIX SMDS are all Cisco 7500 series routers. What
>> the Sprint person said was just simply an all around lie. Now, if Sprint is
>> complaining because CRL's backbone is made up of Cascade 9000 ATM switches,
>> well all I can say is that Sprint would do well to do the same. I think
>> the Sprint person simply has no grasp whatsover on what CRL is...I think
>> the person assumed that CRL is a regional provider or something instead
>> of the tier one backbone provider that they are.

>I've sent these responses to my ISP, thanks.  They're getting another
>feed next week, this time from MCI.  Hopefully, I won't have as many
>problems when this happens.

Thats a big "maybe".  I havent been able to get a decent link to wcarchive for
months now. CRL claims MCI is ignoring its routing information and forcing all
my packets to the wrong NAP.  Whose telling the truth?  Who knows.

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich