Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:34:54 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I badly need your help with my printer as usually

Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> It is to my regret the same picture
> /usr/sbin/lpd
> started in bootup sequnece
> lpc enabled queueing printing
> lpq on contrary still give warninggs of the art:lp is down,
> daemon not present

I would suspect that you haven't started "lpd". If not, do a man lpd
and see what you have to do. You will also need an /etc/printcap file.
You need "lpd_enable=YES" defined in your /etc/rc.conf. This will
start the lpd daemon everytime you start FreeBSD.

> What are the way to deal with the problem?

Read the Handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing.html.
Lehey also has a section in the his Complete FreeBSD book.

> Any additional questions from you aimed to clear the situation are
> welcome.
> Regards
> Ariel Burbaickij
> PS
> I really need you help

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html