Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:15:18 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make yerkernels

On Tue 2000-07-11 (13:33), Shawn Barnhart wrote:
> Fascinating discussion.
>
> I guess I don't care which tools I use, so long as they do the right
> thing, and, most importantly THAT THE METHODS ARE TOTALLY DOCUMENTED
> WITH ALL THE QUIRKS IN THE FSCK'N HANDBOOK AND NOT JUST IN THE MAILING
> LIST ARCHIVE!

Do you have any suggested text you'd like to see there?

> One thing that frustrates me about FBSD is the "docrot" of the handbook.
> When I was getting started with FBSD I seemed to stumble across many
> things that, while not exactly incorrect, were nevertheless incomplete
> or outmoded by newer/better/smarter ways of doing things.

Do you have any list of outdated bits, so that there can actually be an
improvement, instead of making the documentation team sit there in
frustration looking at contentless complaints and forgetting that
they've done an incredible job?

You can either send your patches to me, or use send-pr.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems