Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:05:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
To:        David W.Chapman Jr. <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: where to get -current pkgs?

Sent: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:01:59 -0500
+
+ bento should have them but I dont' know how up to date it is.
+

    try

      snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/extras/i386/current/packages/All

    the dates indicate mid-September, however, I don't know
    if the dates are real. I have pulled a number of them
    off, including Xaw3d and Xemacs

    I successfully compiled X-4 on 27 Sep, and Mozilla on 07 Oct.

    However, I do have a major problem with cursor tracking
    in X with a PS/2 mouse --skips and mis-fires, etc.

    I could not get Xemacs to compile, so I took one from
    snapshots; it works fine in virtual terminal mode, but
    it hangs in X which seems to be preventable if you do
    _frequent_ file saves. This is a problem reported by
    many.

    I do NOT have COMPAT4X enabled.