Date:      26 Nov 2002 21:55:09 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "Invalid user" box pops up on gaim start up

Hi Marcus,
   Sorry about that, I always see your name associated with gnome, so I
sort of (wrongly) presumed that this would fall into that category.

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 21:48, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 16:41, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   Ever since I portupgraded gaim to gaim v0.59.6 recently, every time I
> > sign on to any of my defined accounts, I get two dialogue boxes saying:
> > "Invalid User" popping up that I have to click on "OK" (for both) before
> > I can start using gaim.
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this? Here's the uname info:
> > # uname -r
> > 4.7-STABLE
> > #
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Just FYI, marcus (just me) is the maintainer of gaim.  Therefore, I'm
> removing freebsd-gnome from the Cc.  I am unable to reproduce your
> problem (and thus far, you are the only user to complain).  What
> accounts are you trying to sign in on?  Are you sure it's not your
> account data that's messed up?

I'm trying to sign onto my MSN Messenger account. Not sure what you
meant by messed up - its fairly straight-forward information to use in
order to log in.

Any more info I can supply to you?

Stacey

--