Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David A. Koran" <dak@solo.net>
To:        <benf@nexgen.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cluster Solution for FreeBSD

Ben,

There is a port, originally developed by a branch of Ericsson called
Eddieware, but I've had mixed results in ever getting it to work. If you're
looking for a solution for server clustering, mod_backhand (which is not a
port), does a little of what you're looking for for web servers. You may be
able to piggy back your needs onto a few existing DNS load balancing
technologies. I also remember there being a 2-node piece of software (they
had a table at BSDCon this year and last) which they were expanding to a
multi node solution some time 1st quater of this year. There is a copy of
the early version of the 4CD set that comes with the Complete FreeBSD book,
I think it's on the 3rd CD for commercial software.

David