Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:48:42 -0500
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3M LS-120 support ?

Based on my recent experience with one of these drives, I would recommend
avoiding them.

In addition to being significantly slower than my iomega zip and jaz
drives, the LS-120 was not compatible with a lot of software.  For some
reason, my drive kept reporting that its size was 1.39 MB instead of 1.44.
This prevented software that creates floppies (e.g., Windows recovery disk,
FreeBSD's boot disk) from being able to build the media.  It also seemed to
interfere with my ability to boot FreeBSD from CD-ROM.

I can easily play Duke Nukem 3D straight off a zip drive (well, the SCSI
one at least).  On the LS-120 the same game was frame rate hell.  With
SyQuest tripping over its own feet, I think that iomega has won this round.

Just one person's opinion,
K.S.