Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 08:10:13 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: tzsetup in -current..

> > I still think putting "Denmark, France and United Kingdom" in the
> > North American menu is somewhat confusing, but whatever!
> >
> > Why can't those entries say simply "Greenland", "French Antilles",
> > "Bahamas", etc?  We're not interested in the GOVERNMENTS of these
> > places, just their locations!
>
> What about the Windows95 map-based widget doo-hicky?
>
> This is more to use the word "doo-hickey" in a sentence than anything else.
>
> 8-).

Government is important too :-( If you point occasionally on this map
Ukraine instead of Russia, or China instead of Russia
or if you're merely not shure about your geographic
location you will get the completely wrong timezone. For example
China has single timezone and Russia has 3 or 4 on the same meridians.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia