Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 08:14:19 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, roeya@iol.co.il, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video Display Cards

--------

James Raynard uttered with conviction:
> Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu writes:
>>
> On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, Roey Almog wrote:
>>
> 2.  Another importent aspect to software devlopers is a daul monitor
 > support currently I use MDA monitor to run a d ebugger and to send
 > debug massages to, and the S_VGA monitor is fr ee for the tested
 > application.  Is these will be possible on the FreeBSD o/s ?
>>
> I don't know if FreeBSD itself supports multiheaded displays.  XFree
 > might.  I can't say I've tried it.

 I have ... you need to use the Monochrome driver... this is kinda a
 bummer for the vga side.. but it works well.. look at the Xmono
 manpage.

  -branson

 PS> I once asked if it could go multiheaded on a PCI bus... I was
 told that the possiblity existed but that no-one had tried it.. has
 anyone done that?

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?