Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:56:55 -0800
From:      Ron Rosson <insane@oneinsane.net>
To:        Drew Beck <dgb@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a freeBSD box as an ISDN router

Drew,
  I am accomplishing this with a regular modem attatched to my freebsd box's
tun0 and routing real IP's. The problem I am having is finding a terminal
with server the capabilities of routing my subnet on my LAN with real ip's
without having to set a static route in my ISP's gateway router to the
internet or on the terminal server.. About the only terminal server that I
have found is a Telebit Netblazer which accomplishes exactly what I want by
proxy arping my subnet to its ether interface. If you or anyone that reads
this list know of a terminal server that can accomplish this I would be
greatly
appreciated. The Telebits are nice but they do have thier limits in the
new ongoing trend of Access servers that are soon turning to all digital.
Thanx in Advance
Ron
At 05:10 PM 12/17/97 PST, Drew Beck wrote:
>do you know of any sites that might have information on using a freeBSD box
>as a router for an ISDN line?  I'm trying to convince my local network
>administrator that it would be much cheaper/faster/more exciting than buying
>a real router.  thanks in advance
>
>-drew "puffy" beck
>dgb@icsi.berkeley.edu

Ron Rosson              ... and a UNIX user said ...
rlr@n2.net                        rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      and all was null and void