Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:49:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, jb@cimlogic.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: B CURRENT Build environment (Was: Re: Why no ldconfig for ELF?)

Mark Murray wrote:
> John Polstra wrote:
> > The problem, as I understand it, is that the new perl has to run as
> > part of the build process.  It has some dynamically loaded modules
> > that aren't installed yet, and that aren't in any of the standard
> > WORLDTMP library locations.  Mark needs a way for the dynamic linker
> > to be able to find those modules.
> >
> > Did I get that right, Mark?
>
> 100%!
>
> I cant find a variable/macro/whatever that has the right stuff deep
> inside makefile-land.

You shouldn't need to. You're not allowed to use the dynamic linker
while you're bootstrapping. That's why god invented -static and Bruce. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137