Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 18:56:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Justen Stepka <raistlin@chaos.ecpnet.com>
To:        "S(pork)" <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New sendmail bug...

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, S(pork) wrote:

> It's nasty and easy...  If you're on Bugtraq, you saw it.  If anyone with
> more knowledge on this issue can check it out, please post to the list so
> everyone can free themselves of this vulnerability.  Root in under 15
> seconds with an account on the machine.  If you need the 'sploit, please
> mail me here and I'll send it to you.  I verified it on FBSD, NetBSD,
> Linux so far...
>
> TIA
>
> Charles

I tested this on FBSD and I couldn't get it to work. Though when I tried
it on Linux it worked in about 10 second :(, currently I have disabled
accounts on my machines until I fix the problem.

Justen Stepka		| http://www.ecpnet.com/~raistlin
Network Administrator	| "This space for rent"
raistlin@ecpnet.com	| 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT