Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:24:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        netbsd-users@NetBSD.org
Cc:        misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, users@dragonflybsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unified BSD?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> Johnny Billquist wrote:

> > And what about 2BSD, BSD 3 and BSD 4 with all their releases?
> > (And I assume that there was probably something that in retrospect would
> > have been called 1BSD as well...)

> No they were sequential from same team, not later parallel forks.

1BSD is not an operating system. 2BSD wasn't an operating system until
2.8BSD which was after 3BSD.  I'd suggest that 2.x and 4.x are different
forks; they had some different developers, lots of different code, but
also lots of shared code.

echo uggc://errqzrqvn.arg/obbxf/ofq-uvfgbel/ | \
 tr "noqruvxzabcefgl" "abdehikmnoprsty"