Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2003 15:36:04 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Roar Pettersen <edprp@it.uib.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp2 : device timeout

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:24:52 +0200 (MEST), in =
sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware
you wrote:

>Hello !
>
>> * If you have PnP enabled in your BIOS, turn it off.
>> * try and do a PCIconfig reset in your BIOS if it supports that.
>> * try and have the cards on non shared interrupts.
>> * if the 2 cards having problems are in PCI slots that share =
interrupts and
>> DMA, separate them into slots that do not.
>> * You are *probably* best off to enable device_polling with that many
>> cards. See man 4 polling
>
>Compiling the kernel with GENERIC config file, then all four
>fxp interfaces are working. So I disabled SMP in my own kernel config
>file, and now all four fxp interfaces also work with my own kernel
>configuration.
>
>The server is a Compaq ProLiant DL380 with two :
>
>CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III CPU - S 1400MHz (1390.66-MHz
>686-class CPU)

Actually if you are running SMP polling will not work.  So just by =
turning
on SMP you get the timeouts ? Are there and BIOS updates for your
motherboard ?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)=09
http://www.sentex.net/mike