Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:53:39 -0500
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.x/10.x i386 on Parallels 10

Bob

On 11/11/14 04:40, Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had success installing 9.x or 10.x i386 as a guest under Parallels 10? I get the kernel stalling at:
>
> ahcich0: Poll timeout on slot 0 port 0
> ahcich0: is 00000000 cs 00000001 ss 00000000 rs 00000001 tfd 40 serr 00000000 cmd 1000c013
>
> with the guest VM spinning at 100% CPU. Any ideas?

an you post a config of the VM ,what version of Parallels you are using,
what versions of FreeBSD you are trying, and what the host os is.

I personally gave up on Parallels a while back, due to other issues with
stability running Windows XP and FreeBSD on OSx. While they, SWSoft
A/K/A Parallels, were first to the market for 86x virt on MacOX
VirtualBox and VmWare work a lot better and with a lot less pain.
Currently I use VirtualBox hosted on FreeBSD and OSX ; is free and works
wonders .