Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:32:42 -0700
From:      "Brian T. Allen" <brian@gzmarketing.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Nigel Taylor" <latifa@iinet.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Cvsup and ports

I am a newbie, and I just went through this.  I installed 4.2 from ISO, then
did a CVSup and got that same error.  It said to look at Q12 and Q13, which
I did.  I missed the answer the first time, but it IS there.

My solution was to just delete the entire ports directory (which took
forever!  I am coming from Linux and deleting that much would have taken
1/10th the time.  Perhaps it is in my SCSI config...) and then CVSup, which
left me with new versions of all the ports (which didn't have the pgk and
patches directories which are causing the problems).

Once I did that, everything works GREAT!  FreeBSD is very cool, and I send
praise and thanks to whoever came up with the ports collection idea.

Thanks,
Brian Allen