Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:53:14 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        "brian j. peterson" <rbw@myplace.org>, "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <imp@village.org>
Subject:   Re: problem with chflags

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Brooks Davis wrote:

> If we really need to support people who don't know what to do in single
> user mode, the correct thing is to add instructions to do:
>
> fsck -p
> mount -a
>
> after the reboot into single user mode.

Yes, that would be marvellous.  I know that I need to mount my filesystems
after checking them, and I always do:

	# fsck -p
	# mount -u -o rw /
	# mount -a

But these steps are not easy to guess, if one reads /usr/src/UPDATING.
They are implied, but for someone who is booting in single user mode for his
first time, they are also very hard to just come up with :-)

-giorgos