Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:03:32 -0700
From:      "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

Hello,

	I've ran into a few of these same sort of issues in the paste.

What I did to fix it:

1) Migrate to pkgng. It looks like you already have based on the
ports-mgmt/pkg udpate. But, then I see your "pkg_install" error which
leads me to believe you haven't fully migrated. Just take a quick peek
at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html and maybe try it
again.

2) Manually deinstall the problematic port. IE...:

# cd /usr/ports/graphics/py-clutter && make deinstall

	I had to do this for a lot of ports that were "broken" on my system.
But, after some blood, sweat and tears, everything is back to normal.

	Also, there still seem to be some underlying issues with the
/var/db/pkg directory still. For instance, I migrated to Dovecot2 many
moons ago and wiped out Dovecot1. However, dovecot-1.2.17 still remains
in my /var/db/pkg directory. *shrug* It's not causing any problems. It's
just confusing....

Regards,
Janky Jay, III