Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 10:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gerald <bsdlist@bsdisp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq 1850R freezing, controller issues?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Gerald wrote:

> This machine is the most I've tasked these 1850s to do so far and it has
> started Freezing shortly after I was forced to put it in production.

For googlers and others that read this thread. This has been identified as
being an SMP issue. I installed a kernel without the SMP options and it
has ceased freezing. It's currently running 4.8-RELEASE.

10:32AM  up 5 days, 13:18, 3 users, load averages: 0.34, 0.30, 0.32

I will try to chase this down further, but for now I have to get back to
work.

Thanks to Pete French for suggesting I shut off SMP and other insight
he's given me in to the Compaqs. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies
to my questions about what the inode state is that I might be able to help
the SMP people track down a bug.

Gerald