Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:26:37 -0500
From:      GuRU <guru@nubisci.net>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: www/mod_php4 with bison-1.29

Out of da blue Jun Kuriyama aka (kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp) said:

> Hmm, my bison (1.29) returns unexpected output of -V option.  This is
> output by disabling mysql via configure dialog.
>
> ===>  Configuring for mod_php4-4.0.6_5
> ext/imap/config.m4:139: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> ext/mysql/config.m4:47: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> ext/qtdom/config.m4:34: AC_PROG_CXXCPP was called before AC_PROG_CXX
> ext/xml/config.m4:7: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> configure.in:689: AC_PROG_CXXCPP was called before AC_PROG_CXX creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... found
> Updated php_version.h
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking host system type... i386--freebsd5.0
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for nawk... no
> checking for awk... awk
> checking for bison... bison -y
> checking bison version... sh: 29
>
> Copyright 1984, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc: bad number
> ===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
i've been getting the exact same error (bison v1.30)  has anyone figured out
the cause of this?  i'll try the patch from the initial, but would like to
know if anyone finds the reason error occured.  thxs :)

#;@0
--
Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness
of a pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."