Date:      Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:30:08 -0500
From:      "Coffin, Dexter" <idnopheq@comcast.net>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   NTFS mount on Alpha?

Hey, All!

Is it possible to mount an NTFS drive from FreeBSD 4.7-Stable on Alpha?

I tried adding "options		NTFS" to my kernel build file and rebuilt my kernel.
No luck.  I also tried "kldload ntfs".  In both cases, I "mount_ntfs
/dev/ad2s1 /ntfs" by hand, causing a kernel panic.

<cite>

fatal kernel trap:

    trap entry = 0x4 (unaligned access fault)
    a0         = 0xfffffe000123fc61
    a1         = 0x2d
    a2         = 0x1f
    pc         = 0xfffffc00003fd6cc
    ra         = 0xfffffc00003fdab8
    curproc    = 0xfffffe000bae7540
        pid = 1151, comm = mount_ntfs

panic: trap

syncing disks... 3

</cite>

Anyone know of a particular incantation to use, or does NTFS just not work on
Alpha?

Should I submit a bug report?

Cheers!
--
"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."
	- advice I should take more often