Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 21:56:01 -0500
From:      Ray Campbell <goalie19@idt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Starting up with FreeBSD

Hey everybody... I just read the entire web page for FreeBSD
(http://www.freebsd.org) and was just wondering a few things.
1) How much space does one need for the OS, including mainly the
developement tools, (C/C++ compiler, and the editors...)
2) Does anyone have a dial-up script out there for SLIP/PPP users such
as myself?  I'd like to be able to dial my ISP from inside FreeBSD (is
this possible)
3) I plan on using the FreeBSD OS for MUD (Multi User Dungeon)
developement...Is there any special settings I need for FreeBSD to
include in certain (the PICO editor, grep, and the GNU Compiler) Or are
these Standard?
4) I also noticed that there was something called X Windows, is this
another actuall OS that you can run from inside FreeBSD in order to see
graphics, or is it just sorta there to help lynx out a bit?

I'm pretty new with FreeBSD, but I see the potential is definatley there
for it to be a great OS for myself, I hope that someone can help me out
with my questions

    Thanks...
        --Ray