Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:16:31 -0800
From:      humbert <humbert@linefeed.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenSSL Requirement? So confused...

I'm so confused. I've cvsup'ed my ports tree, I've installed openssl,
but I am still getting this message on half of the ports I need to
install. Why why why??

This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of
the FreeBSD crypto distribution but not installed on your
machine. Please see the "OpenSSL" section in the handbook
(at
"http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/openssl.html",
for instance)
for instructions on how to obtain and install the FreeBSD
OpenSSL distribution.
*** Error code 1

Stop.