Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:17:17 -0200
From:      Alex Moura <alexsm@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Free secondary DNS?

2009/12/16 Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>

> Hello,
>
> For various reasons I find myself in need of a secondary name
> server.  There are a number of free services out there ... I was
> wondering if anyone had experience with any of these, or
> recommendations?
>
> I appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

OpenDNS (208.67.220.220 / 208.67.222.222) has been working fine for me.
I don't like the redirection for unresolved names. On the sysadmin side, I
like
the web control panel to block or allow internal users (and children) access
IPs and/or names.

Have not tried the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) yet.

Best,
Alex