Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:58:56 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting MFS from Secondary Partition

Fbsd1 writes:
> There is hard coded logic that is stopping you from doing what you want.
> Looks like you are SOL.

	Me thinks you are absolutely correct. I was only hoping
I was doing something wrong and a slight syntax change would
make it work. Thank you and thanks to Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
for his suggestion.

	I have one last trick up my sleve before giving up
completely on this idea. Maybe I can hijack one of the rc.x
scripts to cause it to spew a memory disk image of the mfsboot
code on to the freshly-unmounted /dev/ad0 device during a
reboot. Since the goal is to completely rebuild the system
anyway, this would be the last gasp of the present system as it
gets ready to reboot, hopefully with mfsbsd and all hard drives
dismounted.

Martin McCormick