Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:49:22 -0500
From:      Ralph Dratman <ralph@maxsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ok to move /stand into /usr? Also, related Netatalk problem

I used Greg Lehey's procedure (suggested in the book for /var) to
move  /stand  over to  /usr/stand,  and then made  /stand  into a
link to  /usr/stand.

Is that okay? I've been using  /stand/sysinstall  for
post-installation configuration, and can't offhand see any other use
for it once the system is installed and working. Of course, the
original is still on the CD if I need it.

The only *obvious* (to me) downside is that Netatalk does something
strange with that directory now. The filenames move around and
finally almost all disappear while the directory is displaying on the
Mac.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Ralph Dratman