Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:08:22 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
To:        Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xircom ethernet psII

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:25:59AM -0400, Mikhail Kruk wrote:
> Hi,
> I just bought an old AT&T Globalyst with the subj ethernet card
> Downloaded the PAO boot disks, when I try to boot after it gets to probing
> PCMCIA devices it doesn't say anything, just goes to the probing other
> devices. In the debug console it says that there are two devices (ethernet
> and modem I assume) which has unrecognized IDs of 135 and 136 (not sure
> about numbers, can boot again and check if it's important).
> It seems it doesn't see my AT&T keepintouch modem also.
> Do I have any chance to get this stuff working?
> If not, do I have any chance with Linux?
> I would really hate to put Windows 95 on it and I do not have money to buy
> a new ethernet card.
> TIA!
> -m

I'm not 100% sure that your card is supported, but you might want to try my
driver at:
http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~scott/xe_drv/

I suspect the psII is a CE2 by any other name, so it might just work.
Whatever happens, could you let the mailing list at
<freebsd-xirom@lovett.com> know?  Any experience is helpful to the
development effort.

Cheers,

	Scott