Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:01:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        pW <packetwhore@stargate.net>
Cc:        mac <mac.list@deam.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KNE100TX - Ethernetcard

The other thing is, I'm using the same card... KNE100TX from kingston:
de0: <Digital 21140A Fast Ethernet> port 0xe000-0xe07f mem
0xdf003000-0xdf00307f irq 10 at device 13.0 on pci0
de0: 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.2
de0: address 00:c0:f0:1f:21:02

nothing about compatability shims...

Anyway I don't know what the problem is, but you have the same card and
chip as I do, and mine has no problems at all... again, I'd ask what
version of FreeBSD you're using, and you may want to try resetting (if you
have award bios) the "configuration data." I've found that this will
reassign ports and mem addresses so they detect right.

Ken