Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:19:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frontpage help, please... :)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> I am getting the following in the error_log :
>
> [Tue Apr 11 17:24:50 2000] [error] [client 192.216.87.244] File does not exist:
> /frontpage/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
>
> That path does not exist. But I have a working FP98, and the directory
> structure is the same... maybe an alias/scriptalias I am missing? Humm..
> frontpage sucks. :)

Welcome to the land of the startlingly obvious. ;)

> I setup a <VirtualHost> for "frontpage.cpl.net". I then installed the
> frontpage extensions into it with the fpadmin.htm admin page... it copied
> all the files fine, but I get the above error, when trying to publish....

I've seen this before but don't remember the cause. Some things you can
try:

Wipe and reinstall frontpage extensions for the site
Perform an "upgrade" and/or "check and fix"
Upgrade to FP4 (probably a smart move anyway, if you have to live with
that crap)

No guarantee that any of them will work. FP tends to sometimes think files
and directories are interchangeable objects. I'm pretty sure I fixed it
with one of the above but then my memory needs upgrading, so...

hth

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/