Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:45:16 +0930
From:      corpse <stp@adelaide.on.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ttyvX's

hi
  I have recently installed FreeBSD release 2.2.7 and i only have 4 ttyv#'s.
Is there any was to change this so i have more virtual consoles.  I have
tried ./MAKEDEV ttyv4 it replies ttyv4 not a valid device. I have also tired
./MAKEDEV ttyv but it dosent add any ttyv#'s to the /dev/ dir.  Also i have
tried editing the ttys file in the /etc/ dir.

Please help

Thank you

William Ey
<stp@adelaide.on.net>