Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:06:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        matti <overclocker@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla Helper Applications

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, matti wrote:

> > On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 06:52:49 -0600 (MDT)
> > Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> >
> > > If you can make changes in Mozilla's Helper Application settings and
> > > have them take effect... what did you do differently?  Thanks.
> >
> > I just installed plugger from ports.

Follow-up: that works!  It is a small port that loads a *lot* of other
ports, including a good portion of Gnome.  You get gnumeric and AbiWord
and a bunch of other things.  In fact, if you're looking for an X11
"office suite", it's a pretty fair start.

Side note: it is possible to have linux-mozilla installed at the same
time as native Mozilla.  You can't really run them both at the same
time, but if you want a good flash player, install linux-mozilla and
linux-flashplayer.  By making symlinks to the linux version's plugins
directory, you can get it to use acroread5 and the Java plugin for
Linux.

Weird note: for a Java test, I've used that crystallized piece of evil
known as Diamond Mine in Yahoo's Games section.  It says right on it
that it's not compatible with Linux, and in fact linux-mozilla can't run
it.

However, the *native* Java/Mozilla combination runs it great!