Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:10:45 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: WTB: Terminals

Sean Kelly stands accused of saying:

> I got tired of continually watching misc.forsale.computers.other.misc
> for used terminals.  Does anyone know of (or is) a source for used
> terminals?  I'm in the market for Wyse-50 or comparable, for about
> $100.  Pointers?

How many are you after?  If just one or two, try ringing around a few local
computer support organisations - stick with the larger ones, not the
Klone-only shops.  Often they'll have that sort of thing kicking around, or
know someone who wants to get rid of some.

If you want more than that, you may be able to locate the local disposal
method used by large organisations.  Here stuff like that gets auctioned
on a regular basis; in some other places a recycler gets them all.  Try
talking to a few EDP people (either ones you know, or ring up organisations
that you suspect use Unix systems - local government orgs, utilities and
department stores may be a good place to start) and find out where they
dump their old gear.  Medium-large legal firms are another possible
source, although most will have gone networked-PC by now.

A pallet of ~10 working Wy50's around here will go for maybe $100 the lot
at a scrap auction.  By then, you'll have to spend a bit of time with a
rag and some Metho, but the results are worth it.

> Sean Kelly

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[