Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:15:19 +0200
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: final message in buildworld as there is in buildkernel

Oliver Fromme wrote:
> martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk> wrote:
>  > i've been wondering why there is no "footer" in buildworld
>
> Because it's not necessary.  When you see your shell prompt
> again, you know that it's finished.  And if there's no error
> message or exit code != 0, ithas finished successfully.
>
> Also, historically the sendmail build is always the last
> part of buildworld (and installworld), so it's easy to
> recognize.
>
> Best regards
>    Oliver

well, i still think it's not clear enough.
and you don't really want users to investigate what the exit status was,
do you. (also not many know about sendmail i believe.)

anyway, we've got it with buildkernel and i can't see any reason why not
to have it with buildworld.

well, i'm not a hacker and this is not something i can decide. i just
thought it'd be a good idea and that it'd help freebsd users.

cheers,

martin