Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:55:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@ptavv.es.net>, mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashed again.

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Miguel Mendez wrote:

> I think the lesson is that pc fans don't last mucho more than 1.5-2 years of
> usage in a 7*24 box.

This may seem cheep, but I lift the sticker from the middle of the fan,
apply a couple drops of 3in1 oil, and replace the sticker each time I have
the case apart for cleaning.  The fans seem to last for ever this way, and
you don't have to remove the heat sink and paste (PAIN).

Another note, you can't have too much case ventilation!

--
Jim Weeks