Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:45:36 +0100
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, philh@mincom.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Re: Weirdness with Adaptec 7890

I've always enabled the > 1Gb translation on every Adaptec card that
I've owned which supports the option, even when using 1GB drives. I
currently have FBSD 3.1 running via an Adaptec 2940UW from a 1GB
Quantum drive without any [obvious] problems. Perhaps this sort of
info. should find it's way into the FAQ and/or handbook.

Clem