Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rayson Ho <raysonlogin@yahoo.com>
To:        "Fabián" Salamanca <dhrcorp@hotmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clustering code

The important question is what kind of applications do you run??

There are many clustering projects, espectially for Linux. One
interesting project is the "Single System Image Clusters for Linux".

http://ssic-linux.sourceforge.net/

And MOSIX is another interesting one.

http://www.mosix.org/

Rayson

--- Fabián Salamanca <dhrcorp@hotmail.com> wrote:

like to try to develop code (maybe kernel code modifications or
external modules) for clustering with FreeBSD, but I'd like to see some
work in order to know where I might get started, I'm thinking 'bout
plain C and maybe C++ and some shell scripting

Do you know any source code I may see to get these project started? It
would be nice to include cluster software (for HA and PVM) with future
distributions like RedHat's Piranha or HeartBeat HA SW,

I dont have so much money, I've just bought an Athlon 1.4 GHz computer
for developing with FreeBSD (I tried Linux but it seems not to be as
stable as FreeBSD 4.4) and Im out of cash, but I'd like to contribute
with some code to the cause!!! And I still have to get another machine
for cluster-testing

Any suggestions for&nbsp;distributing my code with the BSD-style
Licensing?

Is there a site for registering code? Here in Mexico is a litle bit
difficult, I'd like to do it somewhere in the web.