Date:      Sun, 05 Apr 1998 15:16:51 -0700
From:      Support Desk <support@internetuniverse.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ETHERNET CARD PROBLEM

I am trying to install FREEBSD 2.2.5 on an INTEL PENTIUM 200mhz
processor and find no problems with the install itself, I have tryed
several times to configure a 3COM 3C905-TX PCI ethernet card in the
system, freeBSD sees the card and it is installed with a vx0
configuration, the loopback looks fine, the netstat -r looks good, but
the card does not light up and all pings outside the machine fail. Now
this card is being set with a irq of 9, I remember that 9 might be a
problem. The card software does not allow for this to be changed. You do
have the card listed as a compatible ethernet card.

I have tryed everything I can think of and could really use any help
that can be provided.

-- The Internet Universe, Inc.  -- Connecting You To The Planet --

www.internetuniverse.com