Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:52:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dump/restore on DOS filesystems

Has anyone experimented with use of dump(8) and restore(8) on
a DOS filesystem?  I'm a bit timid about trying it, even though
normal R/W use of DOS filesystems seems to be rock solid.
I suppose dump would run without ill effects.  But there are
some questions:

Q: Does dump know how to set DOS's archive bit?

Q: How safely would restore work?

The alternative is to boot DOS and use some proprietary pkg.
I'm currently running 2.2.2-R; solid as a rock, 2940 and all.

        Chuck Bacon -- crtb@capecod.net
                ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY